Dealing with a fire in your business or home can be overwhelming and stressful. Although, it’s vital to begin your fire restoration and cleanup procedure right away if you want to get your life back to normal. Instead of heading off to the store to purchase a bucket, and cleaning products yourself, it would be best to leave this situation to the experts for it to be professionally dealt with. There are particular steps that the experts will adhere to to make sure that your property will be restored to how they were before the fire happened. Here’s a list of do’s and don’ts that must be considered in terms of smoke cleanup and damage restoration.
- Prioritize safety. Even though everything seems clear and safe to you, you should never get inside a property post-fire until an expert guarantee that it’s safe to do it because there’s a possibility that it’s still unstable or fire could restart.
- Contact your insurance agent so that you can immediately take action on a fire damage assessment.
- Take pictures of the fire damage as proof, save documents and receipts, keep email correspondence, or take notes of conversations. Doing so can aid you in terms of handling your insurance company.
- Contact a trusted local restoration provider or visit www.ecotekpro.com for you to be assisted with fire damage repair and cleanup.
- Change the filters of your furnace.
- Throw away all drink and food left after the fire.
- Take all clothing out of your property and get it cleaned by expert fire damage restoration cleaners instead of a dry cleaner.
- Restrict movement in the building to prevent soot particles from scattering.
- Open your doors and windows for ventilation if the weather allows.
- Cover your upholstery and dry furnishings with sheets.
- Go inside the building before the fire department allows you to do so regardless of how safe it looks.
- Begin wiping or cleaning residue from surfaces like ceilings, walls, etc. Everything should be examined by your insurer beforehand.
- Try to use or clean furnishings or carpets affected by debris and smoke residues until they are thoroughly cleaned by the experts.
- Use and eat canned goods and items that were subjected to fire or heat.
- Switch on the gas, electric, or water until checked by the experts.
- Use, clean, or turn on electronic equipment until checked by the experts.
- The remaining residue after the fire damage could result in health issues especially when it’s mishandled. Only the trained experts with the appropriate tools and equipment can guarantee that the restoration of fire damage is thoroughly and safely done.
How can the experts help?
Fire and smoke damage are expected to be handled by the experts well as they are knowledgeable about the complicated chemical interactions associated with fire and soot. Hence, we highly recommend that you should reach out to an expert fire restoration company right away for your property to be assessed. Moreover, they will make sure to thoroughly make a fire damage cleanup plan for you.